Re: [vserver] Problem with delete vserver with SYS_ADMIN set

From: Steve Kieu <msh.computing_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu 25 Aug 2011 - 02:06:29 BST

Hi,

Thanks for reply. Last time I test 2.6.39 something with patch and the
vserver created can not start (ubuntu 10.10 iwth its
util-vserver 0.30.216-pre2864-2ubuntu1 )

Not sure it is the bug in the tools or the bug in the patch - I did not
remember exactly what the error message is though

This is critical machine so I could not test new kernel on it except the
2.6.32.43<http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/linux-2.6.32.43.tar.bz2>
vs2.3.0.36.29.7<http://vserver.13thfloor.at/Experimental/patch-2.6.32.43-vs2.3.0.36.29.7.diff>and
it seems still has problem on the sparc kernel build.

I need SYS_ADMIN as last time I tried to use sshfs inside guest the three
SECURE_MOUNT, REMOUNT and BINARRY mount does not work. Anyway remove
SYS_ADMIN and add these three mount option - problem still happen.

I 'may' have some time to test newer kernel out of working hours (probably
building first and get the save node down for an hour - which one you
recommened and nshould I also update the util-vserver and build it as well?
Debian utils vserver is at 0.30.216-pre2864-2+b2

cheers

--
Steve Kieu