Re: [vserver] Stable Linux-VServer Release

From: Ed W <lists_at_wildgooses.com>
Date: Tue 02 Aug 2011 - 18:17:41 BST

On 31/07/2011 19:58, Adrian Reyer wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 06:47:30PM +0200, Herbert Poetzl wrote:
>> .32.x .38.x 3.0.x Other $$$ Payed
>> Adrian Reyer X X - - 800 EUR
> Make that
> Adrian Reyer X X X X 800 EUR
> I really don't care what actual version it stabilizes on. I will use a
> very recent kernel and it will be more recent than the stabilized one
> quite soon when new hardware arrives or some features are required.
> As I currently use .32 and 38 without issues I live quite well with them
> being officially non-stable. They are already up and running and as far
> as I recount I never updated a kernel because of the VServer patch, it
> had always been some hardware or feature issues.

Exactly. I'm currently running .32 and .38 on my servers, but as they
are "satisfactory" today, I would have no particular desire to see them
improved further. If I bought new hardware or had a desire to change
the running kernel then it would be because I needed some new feature in
3.x or whatever

I think a few folks are still saying .32 because it's what they are
running today (that's what I'm running also). However, remember you
need to think about what you want to run in 1-2 years time... (this
doesn't mean you Adrian, just trying to influence people generally!)

Cheers

Ed W