Re: [vserver] Stable Linux-VServer Release

From: Tor Rune Skoglund <trs_at_sg.no>
Date: Fri 29 Jul 2011 - 18:55:41 BST

2011/7/28 Roman Vesely <roman@liten.cz>:
> After several months of stabilization vserver patch for 3.0 kernel
> will be 3.0 kernel UNSUPPORTED and bad choice for production setup.
>
> And in 3.1 kernel may be large changes difficult to adapt - never-ending story continues.

But it will always be a never-ending story, new kernels will come all
the time, no matter
which kernel a stable vserver one will be based on.

If there are to be made a production ready "official" stable vserver
release in some
time ahead, it should at least be based on newest available technology
- which is 3.0 as
of today.

I need namespaces, recent 3ware drivers, new iptables modules, radeon
drivers, all
security features and updates, etc. I cannot get those on old
2.6.something kernels.

- Tor Rune Skoglund