Re: [vserver] Patch for 2.6.38.4 vserver + GR Security

From: Sandino Araico Sánchez <sandino_at_sandino.net>
Date: Thu 12 May 2011 - 09:00:02 BST

I checked all the rejects and applied them manually. I had to merge a
couple of function calls manually either because both vserver and grsec
patches modified the same line.

The kernel compiles and boots without crashing but I have found some
functionality missing like the old token bucket sched, having to remove
the sched directory from /etc/vservers/myvserver/sched

Running the cherokee webserver inside a vserver with ~40 requests per
second makes the kernel crash but I haven't had the time to try to
reproduce the crash. The same webserver running inside a simple chroot
does not crash the kernel.

--
Sandino Araico Sánchez
http://sandino.net