Re: [vserver] Strange guest message: "Device and target are missing"

From: Jarry <mr.jarry_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue 15 Mar 2011 - 19:50:30 GMT

On 15. 3. 2011 20:06, Herbert Poetzl wrote:

> google, OTOH, links me to vdevmap.c in util-vserver, which
> features exactly this error message, so it might not be
> a problem _inside_ the guest, but more a problem with the
> guest config or an util-vserver bug ...

I think problem is outside of guest itself. I get this message
just when I create /etc/vservers/<guest>/apps/vdevmap/null
subdirectory. I mean, before I even changed anything inside
of the guest (that device-file has not been created yet).

Actually, what is the proper configuration if I want to give
a guest ability to create and use i.e. "null" device-file
in /chroot/dev/null?

Is it enough to issue (in host):

# mkdir -p /etc/vservers/<guest>/apps/vdevmap/null
# touch /etc/vservers/<guest>/apps/vdevmap/null/create
# touch /etc/vservers/<guest>/apps/vdevmap/null/open

Or do I have to do something more?

Jarry