[vserver] The quest goes on.

From: Roderick A. Anderson <raanders_at_cyber-office.net>
Date: Fri 04 Mar 2011 - 20:40:02 GMT

Thanks to those that have replied so far. I will add when I ask for
what hardware is being used it was so I can give a bang-per-buck
(guest-per-platform) idea. My experience with the local user group is
they want to use their 486 with IDE drives and be able to run 150
guests. :-/
   Now we know that Linux-Vserver is done so well that we get close to
100% efficiency and whatever could run on the hardware will on the LV
system.

I'm just looking for real world numbers.

Now on to the real reason for this message. Going over the web site I
(re)found many HOWTOs for different host and guest combinations. The
one I didn't find was a Redhat/CentOS/Fedora guest via the "yum' method
on a Gentoo host. I don't currently have a play/practice system
available to just try it. I'm pretty sure this is possible if yum can
be installed on Gentoo. Anyone given this a whirl?

Once again -- thanks in advance,
Rod