Re: [vserver] I've upgarded one guest from Debian Lenny to Squeeze, I've many error when I restart the guest : "Cannot access the Hardware Clock via any known method" | "Deactivating swap...swapoff: Not superuser." | "ifdown: shutdown eth0: Permission denied"

From: Mathieu Goessens <gebura_at_poolp.org>
Date: Wed 16 Feb 2011 - 17:58:22 GMT

 On Wed, 16 Feb 2011 18:03:21 +0100, Stéphane Klein
 <klein.stephane@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've upgarded Debian Lenny guest to Squeeze.
>
> Now, when I do vserver my_guest restart I've this message :
>
> Using makefile-style concurrent boot in runlevel 6.
> Asking all remaining processes to terminate...done.
> All processes ended within 1 seconds....done.
> Stopping enhanced syslogd: rsyslogd.
> Saving the system clock.
> Cannot access the Hardware Clock via any known method.
> Use the --debug option to see the details of our search for an access
> method.
> Deconfiguring network interfaces...done.
> Cleaning up ifupdown....
> Deactivating swap...swapoff: Not superuser.
> failed.
> mount: permission denied
> Will now restart.
> ifdown: shutdown eth0: Permission denied
> Using makefile-style concurrent boot in runlevel 3.
> Starting enhanced syslogd: rsyslogd.
> Starting periodic command scheduler: cron.
>
> Note, my vserver server (not the guest) is Debian Lenny.
>
> How can I fix this errors ?
> It's a bad idea to upgrade my guests to Squeeze now ?

 Hi,

 I don't think those errors are critical:

 When you use util-vserver to create a guest, a few init scripts are
 desactivated to remove the unecessary/not working ones (disks mounting,
 network initialisation...).
 It looks like the upgrade just reactivated those scripts. But you can
 desactive them manualy, just try to find the ones that print thoses
 messages :)

 Regards,

--
 Mathieu Goessens