Re: [vserver] Presentation materials

From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at>
Date: Wed 26 Jan 2011 - 12:04:01 GMT

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 05:36:41PM -0800, Roderick A. Anderson wrote:
> I am no where near an expert on Linux-Vserver(s) but was thinking of
> doing a presentation on using LVS at Linux Fest Northwest
> (www.linuxfestnorthwest.org) this spring. It would probably be from a
> (basic) user/admin's point of view. Building, monitoring, and
> controlling guests.

first, unless you really mean LVS, the project is called
Linux-VServer (and to avoid mixup with LVS, please use that :)

> Does anyone have materials they have used to explain LVS the uninitiated
> I could look over? I am open to anything and everything and though my
> distribution of choice is CentOS for both the host and guests, I am sure
> I will get lots of questions on the other distributions so need others
> take on them.

theoretical overview should still be covered by my paper
http://linux-vserver.org/Paper, slides are available here:
http://vserver.13thfloor.at/Stuff/SLIDES/ and you might find
one or the other presentation I gave online, where you can
get some ideas what can be shown live ...

> What would be very helpful is some less-technical explanations of the
> features that LVS offers. I know most of the high lights but seeing
> others take on these would be enlightening. Plus there is always some
> new to me feature showing on this list.

best probably is to pay a visit to the channel and start
asking questions about stuff you do not completely understand
and if you do not know what you do not know (yet) then just
try to explain it to somebody who doesn't know a thing about
Linux-VServer, and you'll soon figure out what you need to
know to explain it ...