[vserver] Heartbeat IP Failover

From: Gordan Bobic <gordan_at_bobich.net>
Date: Fri 26 Nov 2010 - 08:59:43 GMT

Hi,

Can anybody point me at any existing documentation and resource agent
scripts for failing over IPs between guests across different hosts?

The setup I am trying to achieve is one where I have two vserver hosts,
and both have all the guest VMs running (the guest VMs are kept in sync,
e.g. databases using MySQL replication). I want a set of IPs on those
VMs to not be configured using the standard
/etc/vserver/<guest>/interface/<number>/* files but to have them
controlled by heartbeat. If the primary host fails, the IPs should
migrate over to the secondary, and the IPs should be added at run-time
to the corresponding guests on the secondary server.

Purely failing over the IPs is pretty trivial, but I was wondering if
there are existing official resource management scripts that handle
dynamically assigning floating IPs to running guests.

Is there such a thing already? Or am I going to have to write my own?

TIA.

Gordan