Re: Re: Re: [vserver] Mountpoint readonly

From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at>
Date: Sun 07 Nov 2010 - 08:54:45 GMT

On Sun, Nov 07, 2010 at 03:23:47AM +0100, Roman Pretory wrote:
> plaese See **

well, that is not really a problem, not even a warning,
it basically just tells you that you mounted the filesystem
more than N (given number, usually 32 or so) times and
that the system will/should force a check on it before
mounting it another time

> anyway, when the filesystem switches to read only without
> 'somebody' or 'something' explicitely changing it to read
> only, then something severe is going on, and you should get
> a proper message at lest in dmesg ...

> **after removung the mount from second server until
> now no trouble since now.

> but have you considered that maybe somebody or some mechanism
> changes the filesystem on purpose to read only?

> > I have found now a 2 guest mounting this drive by booting and
> > removed it, in the moment it seem to be ok, but this could
> > take a while.

> there should be no problem with two guests sharing the same
> filesystem/mount, but OTOH, you are not using the latest
> kernel/tools, IIRC

> ** all uptodate by yum

still not using the latest stuff :)

> > The hole hardware is the same like before und also the backup
> > system is change and have now the same error!
> > no troubles before for 2 years ore more.

> could be a change in the filesystem code, or could be that
> the error was always there but went undetected (just caused
> some subtle filesystem corruption :)

> > If a take the old boot disk with CENTOS 5.5 32bit all is ok
> > again.

> old boot disk, so there is a 'new boot disk' in the game?

> ** yes in one server of 2

so maybe that is broken and causes some errors or similar
which result in the filesystem going ro