Re: [vserver] Mountpoint readonly

From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at>
Date: Thu 28 Oct 2010 - 17:48:25 BST

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 10:06:56AM +0200, Roman Pretory wrote:

> Hello

> I have now upgaded(new installed) a sytem to Centos 5.5
> 64bit with a new Kernel.

> Kernel now from [dhozac-vserver] via RPM.

> have mouted 2 HDD in the host filesystem and then bind
> into the guest.

> It runs very good but the one hdd changes without doing
> somthing to read only in the hostsystem and so allso
> in the guest.

when a filesystem (not the harddisk itsef) switches
to read-only, it usually does so because there was some
kind of filesystem corruption or the underlying device
got flakey in some way (of course, could as well be a
kernel bug)

> I have searched if anything have changed in the howto
> but itseems to be done ok.

I doubt it has anything (directly) to do with Linux-VServer
or your guest setup, I'd suggest to consult the host logs
and the 'dmesg' output, it might shed some light on the
reason for switching to read-only ...

if your hard disk actually switches to read-only (and
not the filesystem) then you might have a (more) serious
problem with your hardware ....

HTH,
Herbert

> Have anyone an Idee???