[vserver] rsyslog not closing cleanly

From: Phil Daws <uxbod_at_splatnix.net>
Date: Thu 14 Oct 2010 - 13:16:53 BST

Hi,

Have any of you noticed, since a recent update of rsyslog, then when you close down a vserver this happens:

Starting killall: [ OK ]
A timeout occured while waiting for the vserver to finish and it will
be killed by sending a SIGKILL signal. The following process list
might be useful for finding out the reason of this behavior:

32767 4003 [767 4003] 1 samba-base ? Sl 0:00 /sbin/rsyslogd -c3

I have tried updating /etc/sysconfig/rsyslog and setting it to use backwards compatibility but that does not appear to resolve the issue.

If one connects to the vserver and performs a service rsyslog restart then than works fine so my assumption is that it much be something to do with console output.

Any ideas ?

--
Thanks, Phil