Re: [vserver] searching for vserver template

From: Gordan Bobic <gordan_at_bobich.net>
Date: Wed 29 Sep 2010 - 14:57:38 BST

Chuck wrote:
> i have a need for a modern redhat/fedora or suse vserver template 64bit. must be 64bit. i
> am having trouble locating such an animal. i have to check with the software vendors but
> it may be possible it will also run under centos 64bit but i dont want to run the
> troublesome 4.3 versions.. would need something newer.
>
> anyone know where i can get one?

When you say template, do you mean the config file templates, or an
actual tar ball of a minimum install? I've recently made one for RHEL6b,
and that was pretty straight forward to derive from the config templates
available. Usual things about upstart distros apply (set init style to
"plain", and disable console output in the init configs).

I found I also had to port the yum patches to the yum version included
with RHEL6b. I posted that here the other day, you should be able to
find it in the archives. For the rest I can send you a tar ball, if you
are interested in the RHEL6b configs.

You will, of course, have to roll your own kernel with vserver patches,
but that's straightforward enough. I never bothered to rpm my kernel build.

Gordan