Re: [vserver] incorrect filesystem usage in guest...

From: Daniel Hokka Zakrisson <daniel_at_hozac.com>
Date: Wed 15 Sep 2010 - 18:54:59 BST

Jarry wrote:
> On 15. 9. 2010 19:26, Daniel Hokka Zakrisson wrote:
>
>> I would just wipe the cache, and restart the guest. That will cause it
>> to recalculate the usage, which is probably all you need. Try
>> vserver<guest> stop
>> rm -f /etc/vservers/<guest>/cache/*
>> vserver<guest> start
>
> There is nothing in /etc/vservers/vs1-web/cache/ just one empty
> subdirectory "dlimits". Removing & restarting guest didn't change
> anything...

Not remove and restart. Stop, then remove (in the dlimits directory,
you're right), and then start. The order matters.

> But there is probably some problem with tagging. I tried checking
> guest with vdlimit (in host, of course):
>
> (host)# vdlimit --xid vs1-web /vservers/vs1-web
> 1000 /vservers/vs1-web
> space_used=2599512
> space_total=20971520
> inodes_used=25346
> inodes_total=500000
> reserved=5
>
> space_used (~2.6GB) is the same as reported by "df" inside
> of vs1-web guest:

Yes, that is the idea. It's the amount of virtual space the
guest has.

> (vs1-web_guest)# df /
> Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
> /dev/root 20971520 2599512 17307048 14% /
>

> But that is not the space used by the guest! "du" in both
> host and guest report other values (~12GB, which seems to
> me to be the correct value):
>
> (host)# du -s -k /vservers/vs1-web/
> 12050848 /vservers/vs1-web/
>
> (vs1-web_guest) # du -s -k -x /
> 12050828 /
>
> How can I get out of this mess?

If it still isn't accurate after doing the above, try
vdu --space --inodes --xid <guest> /vservers/<guest>
If that doesn't show what you expect, you will need to
retag your guest.

--
Daniel Hokka Zakrisson