Re: [vserver] what flag/capability/permissions do i need for this?

From: Chuck <chuck_at_sbbsnet.net>
Date: Thu 09 Sep 2010 - 16:40:02 BST

On Thursday, September 09, 2010, Adrian Reyer wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 09, 2010 at 10:47:42AM -0400, Chuck wrote:
> > we are attempting to run a zmanda backup server as a guest. it physically executes
fine.

> I see no reason for this not to work. If zmanda is reasonable similar to
> 'amanda', that is. And I assume you refer to zmanda as the commercially
> backed version of amanda.
> It needs access to the device files, you should be finde by just
> creating them/copyiing them over on/from the host.
> /dev/nst0 and /dev/sgX in case you use some changer.

its weird. has to be the weirdest software i have ever seen... defining the backup device
works just fine and it creates the various subdirs it needs etc.. it blows up when trying
to associate a backup set with the backup device and zmanda is not cooperative in telling
me what the software is trying to do at that point.

the error message is a huge hex number taking half the screen. i sent them a screen shot
and they just said 'it cant work'

im ready to give up on this project.

--
Chuck