Re: [vserver] Poll: High (ish) availability - how are you doing it?

From: Martin Fick <mogulguy_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu 29 Jul 2010 - 15:35:22 BST

You should also consider doing userspace NFS4 on top of DRBD partitions as your cluster server. It does not scale as well as some other solutions, but it may have other advantages that you want (maybe better locking, maybe better fail over support...). In particular, I would check out Jeff Garzik's server:

  http://linux.yyz.us/projects/nfsv4.html

and the Ganesha server:

  http://nfs-ganesha.sourceforge.net/

For some reason these servers seem to be relatively unknown but I believe they have a lot of potential...

Of course, I am holding out for ceph, it is the one solution that I consider 'correct', if only it could handle a 2 node server system properly (without being less reliable than a 1 node system)!

-Martin