Re: [vserver] Kernel bug in __sock_sendmsg

From: Rik Bobbaers <rik_at_enzoverder.be>
Date: Tue 15 Jun 2010 - 14:20:35 BST

heya dude,

2 things here... I've looked at the bug but before i want to investigate
any further and see if the problem is in the patch itself, I want to
eliminate config errors.
can you please read the readme on my page:
http://people.linux-vserver.org/~harry/
at the bottom , it says you need to disable some options to make vserver
guests work properly. But even... just disable the chroot protection
entirely in your kernel config. Vserver gives "enough" protection on
chroot by default. You don't want to mingle too much there.
and while you're at it, use the latest patch for 2.6.32.15. It contains
some bugfixes too.

WIth your config as it is now, you will get problems... definately.

BUt, if the problem still occurs after you disabled all the chroot
restrictions, i'll see if there are some counter types i forgot to
change...

Greetings,

Rik Bobbaers

-- http://harry.enzoverder.be
linux/unix/system/network/security/hardware admin
infrastructure architect