[vserver] vserver configuation options

From: Nirmal Guhan <vavatutu_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri 11 Jun 2010 - 02:51:27 BST

Hi,

Am just looking at
http://www.nongnu.org/util-vserver/doc/conf/configuration.html to see how I
can modify the cpu and/or memory related parameters. Running into an error
with post-start :

#vserver newdeb start
Starting enhanced syslogd: rsyslogd.
/usr/local/etc/vservers/newdeb/scripts/post-start: line 1: !/bin/bash: No
such file or directory

An error occured after executing the vserver startup sequence. This
means that some processes may exist in the created context and the
manual execution of

  /usr/local/sbin/vserver '/usr/local/etc/vservers/newdeb' stop

is recommended to fix this.

# cat post-start
!/bin/bash
echo "In post start"

#ls /vservers/newdeb/bin/ | grep bash
bash

Not sure what I am missing!!

Also, I configured cgroup in /etc/fstab and after restart am not able to
find /dev/cgroup directory at all.

none /cgroup cgroup defaults 0
0 (I need this for lxc)
none /dev/cgroup cgroup defaults
0 0

# ls -l /dev/cgroup
ls: cannot access /dev/cgroup: No such file or directory

I can find /cgroup though but looks like vserver would need /dev/cgroup
(atleast I don't find my guest at /cgroup when it is running).

Please help.

Thanks,
Nirmal