Re: [vserver] Copy-on-write Hard Links, Shared Libraries, Prelink and Memory

From: Corey Wright <undefined_at_pobox.com>
Date: Wed 09 Jun 2010 - 08:48:13 BST

On Tue, 08 Jun 2010 23:39:51 +0100
Gordan Bobic <gordan@bobich.net> wrote:

> Finally, is there a utility for re-merging files that got unmerged, if
> they get replaced with the old version that is again the same as the
> template? Can somebody point me at the relevant bit of documentation on
> this?

# hashify a vserver
vserver ${VSERVER_NAME} hashify

# delete hashed files orphaned by all vservers
find /etc/vservers/.defaults/apps/vunify/hash/00/ -type f -links 1 -exec rm
-f {} \;

it is left as an exercise to the reader to find documentation referencing
the above commands.

i have a cron job that hashifies once a day and i manually clean-up the hash
directory when ever i think about it (like right now ;-).

i hope that helps.

corey

--
undefined@pobox.com