[vserver] Bind physical interfaces in vserver

From: Greg Kellogg <greg_at_kelloggs.fm>
Date: Sat 24 Apr 2010 - 05:24:13 BST

Hi all,

I am really having a tough time finding accurate information.

I am trying to create a "bare metal" installation and would like a vserver to to "own" the physical interface and use dhcp. In other words, I do not want the host to have to pump for the address, just the vserver itself.

I have tried a DHCP.conf file, adding eth0 in the interfaces list without an address and any other option I could find.

Is this possible?

If so, how? I am running Gentoo 2.6.22 kernel with the latest vserver build.

TIA!

Greg