Re: [vserver] Crash after killing guest processes from the host

From: Grzegorz Nosek <grzegorz.nosek_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue 13 Apr 2010 - 21:03:01 BST

2010/4/13 Herbert Poetzl <herbert@13thfloor.at>:
> the following patch should 'fix' the issue, note that
> you are not supposed to send signals directly from the
> host context to the guest processes, instead use vkill
> (or the corresponding syscall command) to interact with
> processes inside a guest context
>
> http://vserver.13thfloor.at/ExperimentalT/delta-signal-fix01.diff

The last crash that actually made me move my ass and fix it was caused
by trying to open the same file via vim twice, once from the host,
once from a guest (two of us were working on one problem). The vim
started from the host wanted to check whether the guest one (that had
locked the file) was still alive, so kill(0, pid_read_from_swp_file)
-> kaboom. Nobody actually wanted to kill any guest processes from the
host.

Best regards,
 Grzegorz Nosek