[vserver] Re: Binding broadcast address from guest

From: Eric Deschenes <eric.deschenes_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon 22 Feb 2010 - 16:37:25 GMT

Sorry for my previous incomplete email...
    It seems that the vserver patch is restricting the guest to bind to
subnet broadcast (of interfaces bound to it).

    I've researched online on this subject and found one similar issue
(about multicast) brought up a while back but I have not seen a response to
that thread.

http://www.mail-archive.com/vserver@list.linux-vserver.org/msg08160.html
    I've patched the suggested changes on my setup and it resolved for my
issue (broadcast binding).

    I was wondering about if this is something on the roadmap and what could
be better approaches than the mentioned patch (the original author of that
patch was also worried about opening too much)
.
Thanks

/Eric