[vserver] VServer + Xorg + Xfce4 = ~almost~ working !

From: Shinkan <shinkan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu 28 Jan 2010 - 10:38:37 GMT

Hi everyone !

I'm trying to run a Xorg server (X.Org X Server 1.6.5) with Xfce4 on it,
through a Gentoo host / Gento guest VServer.
I followed and adapted that (http://linux-vserver.org/Vservers_and_X) and it
kinda work :
I can "startx" in VServer and Xfce4 pops up but : I've no mouse, no keyboard
(I can't control anything, so that it's like "freezed").

I suspected hald to be the bad guy, as (according to what I understand), it
is responsible for bringing keyboard and mouse to Xorg ?
Unfortunately, hald can't start on the VServer.

Any hints on how I could proceed ?

--
Pierre.
"Sometimes when I'm talking, my words can't keep up with my thoughts. I