Re: [vserver] Exploding Load in v2.3

From: <mail_at_cryptronic.de>
Date: Thu 21 Jan 2010 - 15:31:36 GMT

> On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 08:03:54PM +0100, Cryptronic wrote:

> that's the contents when the 'issue' happens or while
> everything is fine? (I presume the latter)

this is the context when every thing is fine, because we until this thread
we didn't realize that the server swaps. Because shortly before the crash
our monitoring reported 0 bytes swap used. And at exploding time there
were 4019584k of swap in use, so why can this happens when ech vserver
has a maximum of 3 GB rss settings? In the dmesh output there was only on
process in oom killer. Is there maybe a bug in oomkiller allocating all
memroy and swap on the host?

Short example:

50 Vserver with each has in the middle 2 GB rss.

This is at the end 100 gb rss on the hole system when we have 50 VServer
on that system, with normaly 100% mem used and 0% swap used and suddenly
5gb of swap in use?

> best,
> Herbert

best regards