Re: [vserver] Single application per VServer ?

From: Shinkan <shinkan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue 19 Jan 2010 - 15:41:37 GMT

2010/1/19 Shinkan <shinkan@gmail.com>

> 2010/1/19 Corey Wright <undefined@pobox.com>
>

>> like an application-specific chroot, but with the added functionality of
>> linux-vserver?
>>

> Hi Corey,
>
> Thanks for your try.
> That's what I need yeah, "a (nearly) bullet proof chroot" to launch one
> service.
> And I want to use VServer as my "bullet proof chroot".
>
> i think vcontext.
>>

> I'll Google for it.

*crying*
That's one of the most un-successful search I've ever made.

I tried vcontext --create --xid 444 -- /etc/init.d/sshd start, and it seemed
to work, but I didn't get what was done at all.
Then, to be sure, I've done /etc/init.d/sshd stop (which worked), BUT I'm
still able to "ssh localhost" ??!
I can't find any ssh in "ps aux".

I really think like I don't understand what happened, and what vcontext do.

--
Pierre.
"Sometimes when I'm talking, my words can't keep up with my thoughts. I