Re: [vserver] Need advice on which path to take for IPv6 support

From: Thomas Weber <l_vserver_at_mail2news.4t2.com>
Date: Sat 09 Jan 2010 - 03:15:18 GMT

Am Freitag, den 08.01.2010, 19:30 -0500 schrieb Paul Kyzivat:
[...]
> Is there *anything* based on 2.6.22 that supports IPv6 that you would
> consider suitable for production use?

Just my 2 cents:

with 2.6.2[0-2] vs-2.2.x based vserver kernels I experienced some very
rare lockups on different servers. The machines just stopped - black
screen, no response to anything, not even SysRq.
This happened like once or twice in 3 months.

I wouldn't even blame the vserver patch (nor say it's not it's
fault ;-), but this stopped happening on more recent kernels with the
vs-2.3.x branch.

So for me, development/experimental releases on recent kernels are more
suitable for production use than those 2.6.22 'stable' series.

  Tom