Re: [vserver] vnamespace error

From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at>
Date: Thu 10 Dec 2009 - 12:29:27 GMT

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 05:35:52PM +0530, Chaitra Gorantla wrote:
> Hi,

> I am working on Cavium board, with MIPS architecture.
> Wind River Linux kernel : 2.6.27.18
> and applied linux vserver patch-2.6.27.19-vs2.3.0.36.4.diff.

you might want to update to a more recent kernel
(at least from the 2.6.27.x range) and a more recent
Linux-VServer patch, even if you have to stick to
the old 2.6.27.18 (for whatever reason)

> util-vserver-0.30.215 is being used.

you also want to update util-vserver to a recent pre

> I have built the vserver container using skeleton method.

you are aware that the skeleton build method build
a 'skeleton' (how unexpected) which cannot be started
before you fill it with actual guest data?

> when i start a vserver container,
> I am getting the below error.

> vnamespace: vc_set_namespace(): No such process

> An error occured while executing the vserver startup sequence; when
> there are no other messages, it is very likely that the init-script
> (/etc/rc.d/rc 3) failed.

> Common causes are:
> * /etc/rc.d/rc on Fedora Core 1 and RH9 fails always; the 'apt-rpm' build
> method knows how to deal with this, but on existing installations,
> appending 'true' to this file will help.

> Failed to start vserver 'vps2'

kind of expected (except for the namespace part)

> Please help me regarding this error.

besides the updates mentioned above, I'd start with
running testme.sh and reporting back the results.

> Thanks in advance

HTH,
Herbert