Re: [vserver] About Ubuntu Karmic Koala ...

From: Dragan Saraginov <dragan_at_saraginov.com>
Date: Sat 28 Nov 2009 - 22:39:45 GMT

I followed the instructions described at
http://linux-vserver.org/Upstart_issues and upgrade to Ubuntu 9.10 went
fine. But there is an issue with starting cron daemon. The 'service crond
restart' complains about not being able to connect to
'/com/ubuntu/upstart'

Anyone have any idea how to resolve this? I am using the last stable
kernel+patch versions and utils-vserver 0.30.214 .

TIA,
Dragan

> Am Samstag, den 07.11.2009, 18:39 +0100 schrieb Herbert Poetzl:
>> > Though the problem still exists: upstart won't work out of the box
>> with
>> > linux-vserver. With style=plain it really should.
>>
>> the problem here is that upstart has some 'requirements'
>> and makes some 'assumptions' which no other init did
>> before, but nothing really critical ...
>>
>> please check here for details (and maybe put the results
>> on a wiki page afterwards?)
>>
>> http://irc.13thfloor.at/LOG/2009-10/LOG_2009-10-16.txt
>
> believe it or not, i digged around in the logs back to 2009-10-17....
>
> This is exactly the info I was looking for - and way more helpfull than
> 'you need to do special magic' ;-)
> thanks.
>
> I've just added a wiki page for this issue.
>
> Tom

> believed to be clean.

believed to be clean.