[vserver] Cant install vserver kernel

From: Eli _at_ Networx <_at_>
Date: Sun 11 Oct 2009 - 17:32:50 BST

Hi,
I have a CentOS 5.3 64-bit box.
I'm following the instructions over here:
http://linux-vserver.org/Installation_on_CentOS to the letter.
When I update the kernel I get version: kernel-2.6.22.19-vs2.3.0.34
When I reboot, the system never comes back online. Since this is a
dedicated server out in a DC I do not see what is on the console. All
the technician tells me is that there was a kernel panic after an error
mounting switchroot.
/var/log/messages has nothing about this, /var/log/boot.log is empty, so
that is all the error messages I have....

Did anyone ever run into such an issue? I have been googling for the
last couple hours yet cant find anything concrete.

Thanks,
Eli