[vserver] pam_namespace inside a vserver

From: Wilhelm Meier <wilhelm.meier_at_fh-kl.de>
Date: Mon 05 Oct 2009 - 18:46:23 BST

Hi,

we use a vserver as terminal-server, quite a normal setup, i think.
The host and guest are both debian lenny.

For some reason we need a polyinstantiated /media directory. i would
like to do this with pam_namespace.

When I use pam_namespace in the pamm-session-stack I get the following
error:

Oct 5 19:28:23 192.168.222.12 kdm:
rich00E0C5600493.intern.kmux.de:1[27525]: pam_namespace(kdm:session):
Unable to unshare from parent namespace, Operation not permitted

It is not clear to me if this is possible, because it would result in
somehow nested namespace: the new namespace inside the vserver-namespace?

Any hints how to do this?

--
Wilhelm