Re: [vserver] Vserver <name> start hangs

From: Chaitra Gorantla <Chaitra.Gorantla_at_lntinfotech.com>
Date: Fri 21 Aug 2009 - 11:21:02 BST

Thanks for the reply,
But i found that function exitLikeprocess() never returns.
Please suggest if any modifications required in the code.

Regards,
Chaitra GN
"I just try to be the best I can be and hope that is the best ever."

Larsen & Toubro Infotech Ltd.
www.Lntinfotech.com

This Document is classified as:

L&T Infotech Proprietary L&T Infotech Confidential L&T Infotech
Internal Use Only L&T Infotech General Business

This Email may contain confidential or privileged information for the
intended recipient (s) If you are not the intended recipient, please do
not use or disseminate the information, notify the sender and delete it
from your system.

Herbert Poetzl <herbert@13thfloor.at>
08/21/2009 01:40 PM

Chaitra Gorantla <Chaitra.Gorantla@lntinfotech.com>
cc

Subject

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 08:05:28AM +0530, Chaitra Gorantla wrote:
> HI,
>

> >I don't see why a recent kernel and util-vserver should not
> >work on Montavista Linux, have you tried e.g. 2.6.27.x
> >plus the latest patch, together with util-vserver 0.30.216-pre2841
> >yet? did you install, e.g. a debian test guest with that and
> >see if it starts properly?
>
> My requiremnts call for using Montavista 2.6.21 kernel.
> So, I have used the corresponding patch.(patch-2.6.21.7-vs2.2.0.4.diff).

not the best idea, and I doubt that 2.6.22.x will not
work as well, but that's your problem :)

> Can we start a debian tets gueat on the MOntavista??

why not?

> I was not aware of this. If so, Please send me the link where
> i can get the debian test package.

you can create a debian guest via network for all
debian supported architectures ...

http://linux-vserver.org/Building_Guest_Systems

> Regards,
> Chaitra GN
> "I just try to be the best I can be and hope that is the best ever."
>
> Larsen & Toubro Infotech Ltd.
> www.Lntinfotech.com
>
> This Document is classified as:
>
> L&T Infotech Proprietary L&T Infotech Confidential L&T Infotech
> Internal Use Only L&T Infotech General Business

you might want to remove that crap, otherwise folks
here will have to stop answering to your mails, mainly
because of potential legal issues ...

HTH,
Herbert