Re: [vserver] About the 'Per-guest isolated loopback address' feature ...

From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at>
Date: Tue 18 Aug 2009 - 17:14:54 BST

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 06:47:55AM -0500, Dragan Saraginov wrote:
> I saw at 'http://linux-vserver.org/Feature_Matrix' that this feature will
> be enabled in vs2.3 .

> Does this mean that we will be able to use loopback interface
> inside each guest on the same physical server?

you _are_ able to do that (and have been able to do that
for some time now), the Feature just means that each guest
will get a fully isolated loopback IP

> If so is there any additional set up which need to be done for
> lo interface to be enabled?

you need to assign the lback (loopback) IP to the guest
(which can be, and usually is, automated using the kernel
config option VSERVER_AUTO_LBACK), you also need to disable
the single ip specialcasing, if you are only assigning a
single IP to your guest, and finally, you need to make sure
that LBACK_REMAP and HIDE_LBACK is set (nflags)

note that this doesn't add or enable a 'loopback' interface
for the guest, it just isolates loopback traffic and of
course shows you the host's lo device