Re: [vserver] building a fedora core 11 vserver on debian 5.x (x86_64)?

From: Timothee Besset <ttimo_at_idsoftware.com>
Date: Tue 28 Jul 2009 - 01:30:25 BST

Daniel Hokka Zakrisson wrote:
> Timothee Besset wrote:
>
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> I am trying to build a fedora core 11 vserver guest on Debian 5.x ..
>> there are examples on the wiki for earlier versions, but nothing since
>> fc6. Also fc11 is not listed under /usr/lib/util-vserver/distributions
>> so it looks like I have to manually patch up a few things.
>>

> It's been called Fedora since the seventh release. So try f11, assuming
> you have a recent enough version of util-vserver. Note that for Fedora
> 11, you also need a very recent rpm version that supports the new hashes
> used.
>
> --
> Daniel Hokka Zakrisson

There is no f11 directory under /usr/lib/util-vserver/distributions on
this installation. I copied f9 into f11 and updated the version numbers.
You are correct though, I'm only getting to a long list of

http://fedora.fastsoft.net/pub/linux/fedora/linux/updates/11/x86_64/repodata/c9ad631b24363b3c391eaaf5711e63e61eb2420f92ad45a1cee2c2955e65baa1-primary.sqlite.bz2:
[Errno -3] Error performing checksum
Trying other mirror.

Which must be because my rpm is too old. Do you know what version I
should be looking for?

I also tried the latest Fedora for which the install provides a
directory (f9), which started by giving me:

  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/yum/misc.py", line 278, in
import_key_to_pubring
    ctx = gpgme.Context()
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'Context'

It looks like the yum code is assuming an older version of pyme than
what the distro provides.

I'm painfully aware that those problems are very distribution specific.
I'm going to try compiling rpm/yum from the latest source next.

TTimo