Re: [vserver] How to use nfs mount between two VPSes ...

From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at>
Date: Fri 24 Jul 2009 - 11:56:47 BST

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 01:50:28PM -0500, Dragan Saraginov wrote:
> Hi to all.
>
> I am trying to set up an nfs mount between two vservers on two different
> physical servers. I added the following line to
> '/etc/vservers/nfclient/fstab.remote
>
> xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:/home /mnt/nfserver nfs defaults,rw 0 0
>
> On the nfs vserver I added this directory to '/etc/exports', next ran the
> 'exportsfs -a' command. I started the portmap service and bound it to the
> vserver's IP address by adding 'OPTIONS="-i yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy"' to its
> configuration '/etc/sysconfig/portmap' file. Next I downloaded and
> installed the unfs v3 from 'http://unfs3.sourceforge.net/'. Here is what I

no need to do userspace mounts, for your purpose, you can
simply use the kernel nfs (but it doesn't really matter)

> am getting when I ran 'rpcinfo -p yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy':
>
> program vers proto port
> 100000 2 tcp 111 portmapper
> 100000 2 udp 111 portmapper
> 100024 1 udp 857 status
> 100024 1 tcp 860 status
> 100003 3 udp 2049 nfs
> 100003 3 tcp 2049 nfs
> 100005 1 udp 2049 mountd
> 100005 3 udp 2049 mountd
> 100005 1 tcp 2049 mountd
> 100005 3 tcp 2049 mountd

I'd be missing the lock manager here

> But whenever I try to restart the client server at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx the
> restart is hanging a while and after that I am getting the following
> error:

did you try simply mounting the nfs export on the host,
just to see if that works?

> mount: yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy:/home: can't read superblock
> /etc/vservers/nfclient/fstab.remote:1:1: failed to mount fstab-entry

sounds strange, what util-vserver and kernel version?

> Am I missing something? Can anyone help me with this issue?

TIA,
Herbert