Re: [vserver] Prerouting identification of vserver packets

From: Giovanni Di Stasi <gdistasi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun 19 Jul 2009 - 12:31:50 BST

Herbert Poetzl ha scritto:

>> ip rule from 10.1.1.10 table special pri 1000
>> would work but is too late to change the source address since the source
>> has obviously already been chosen. At least this appears to be the
>> behavior we observed when we tried this.
>>

> you could always SNAT it afterwards ...

Hi, this discussion seems very interesting.

I wrote a script to allow user-specific routing table in a Linux host
and I had to cope with this same problem (the source ip address not
being set correctly).

Do you know why the source ip address is not changed when I use a rule
like this?
ip route add to <destination> src <source_ip_address_of_interface> table
special

I worked out this issue by adding an SNAT rule to the traffic that I
wanted to get routed with the table "special", but I was wondering why
the "src <source_ip_address>" statement wouldn't produce any effects.

Thanks,
Giovanni