Re: [vserver] CPU hard limit

From: Jeff Jansen <jeff.jansen_at_kkoncepts.net>
Date: Tue 07 Apr 2009 - 06:07:26 BST

Herbert Poetzl wrote:
> this debian kernel does not support hard cpu limits
> please use 2.6.22.x or 2.6.28.x instead
>
> note the debian 2.6.26 kernel has some other issues
> as well, so I would strongly recommend to avoid it

Well that would explain why I can't make it work. :-)

We use debian as the host for vserver because debian tracks vserver well - every
kernel upgrade has vserver kernels, vserver-drbd modules, etc. But I think I'll
need to track all that myself if I want these "problems" solved.

Thanks for the explanation.

Jeff Jansen