[vserver] Ubuntu Binary Kernel Packages updated

From: Christoph Lukas <christoph.lukas_at_gmx.net>
Date: Fri 03 Apr 2009 - 11:43:13 BST

Hi,

> > I use the intrepid version with cpuset and all seems ok. Just one thing, we use some servers
> > with bigmem (16Go and 24Go). Could you enable "CONFIG_HIGHMEM64G" option in your kernel conf ?
>

> the current kernel config for those packages is based on the -generic
> Ubuntu flavour. It would have probably been better to use the -server
> flavour as base (which includes CONFIG_HIGHMEM64G).
>
> I will change that with the next build or at least enable
> CONFIG_HIGHMEM64G.

i have made new kernel packages available for intrepid and jaunty which
are based on the -server config.

If you have installed packages from the old repository you will once
have to choose the new version manually as all packages from the ppa
contain an ~ppaX extension to the version number which is considered a
lower number by aptitude and friends. This will not be required on later
updates.

Regards,
Christoph