Re: [vserver] strange util-vserver issues?

From: Claus Herwig <lists_at_checon.de>
Date: Mon 16 Mar 2009 - 20:50:10 GMT

Hello,

>> First thing: The debian init script now tries to set barrier
>> attributes on <vserverroot>/.pkg and <vserverroot>/.hash and complains
>> if they don't exist. What are these dirs for? Till now I didn't have
>> them in my vserver roots.
>
> the first one is for externalized package management,
> the second one for unification (the hash store), but
> I doubt that setting barriers on them is a good thing(tm)
>
> IMHO the barrier should only be set on the directory
> directly above a guest root, i.e. /path/to/guest/..
>
> (maybe daniel or micah can clarify?)

so at least in my case it doesn't hurt not to have this directories :-)

> as there (strictly speaking) is no root context, it was
> dropped from vserver-stat to avoid confusion in the
> future

thanks for clarification. I know that #0 isn't a real context, but I
didn't find a note about the changed behaviour. So I thought there could
be something wrong with kernel and util-vserver versions playing
together or something like that.

Anyway, thanks a lot,
   Claus

--
CHECON   EDV-Consulting und Redaktion
          Claus Herwig * Barer Straße 70 * 80799 München