[vserver] OpenSSL: various distributions on debian hosts affected or not?

From: Guenther Fuchs <vserver_at_muh.at>
Date: Thu 15 May 2008 - 22:47:03 BST

Hi there,

today various forms of announcements made the vulnerability of debian
openssl packages public, messages sounded like this:

--- snip ---
A severe vulnerability was found in the random number generator (RNG)
of the Debian OpenSSL package, starting with version 0.9.8c-1 (and
similar packages in derived distributions such as Ubuntu). ...
--- snap ---

My question to that is: Is it possible, that guests using different
distributions (example Fedora or RedHat) on Debian hosts are affected
by that?

I would guess no as there are different libraries used inside, but I'm
not too far into that technical things ;-)

--
regards 'n greez,
Guenther Fuchs