Re: [vserver] vxW errors

From: Roderick A. Anderson <raanders_at_acm.org>
Date: Thu 08 May 2008 - 18:30:31 BST

Roderick A. Anderson wrote:
> System: CentOS 5 with all current updates from the CentOS
> {base,update,etc}, dhozac-vserver, and rpmforge repositories.
>
> I have been noticing the following type of errors in the host log files
> coming from several guests.
>
> May 8 09:01:01 admin kernel: vxW: [�crond�,6875:#1195|1195|1195]
> messing with the procfs.

Brain-impaction. Solution found.

Seems this really was only happening on /some/ guests and is tied to
getting ssh access into a guest. I put the sed commands into a script
file which, during guest creation process, is copied to the guest,
executed, then removed. I have several guests that were created before
I discovered this and don't need to be accessed vis ssh so were not
fixed. The problem manifests itself in other places but I never never
caught it until now.

Thanks for reading the posts and please don't throw any rocks or sticks
at me.

Rod