Re: [vserver] reboot -f hangs

From: Gebhardt Thomas <gebhardt_at_hrz.uni-marburg.de>
Date: Thu 20 Mar 2008 - 07:37:21 GMT

Dear Daniel,

> > when I try to reboot a VServer from "inside", the (using reboot -f)
> > the VServer doesn't reboot. Even worse: the reboot process does
> > not return (state: D) and can't be killed even from the host system
>
> Do you see vshelper processes on the host too?
No I don't.

> > My kernel version is 2.6.24.2-vs2.2.0.5.0.7 on debian etch
> > (util-vserver: 0.30.212-1).
>
> You are using a wildly experimental kernel (i.e. not feature complete,
> much less thoroughly tested) with old utils. You'll at least want to
> upgrade to 0.30.215, and maybe try a kernel that's known to work...

Thank you very much for your advice!

Indeed all is well with 0.30.215 (or 0.30.214, which is in debian testing).
Since we are forced to use RDAC multipathing to access the SAN
devices, we need a kernel version >= 2.6.23 . I'll try to get the most
reasonable configuration within that boundary condition.

What do you mean with "not feature complete"?

Thanks for your help!
Thomas