Re: [vserver] Share Single Ip between guests

From: PÁSZTOR György <pasztor_at_linux.gyakg.u-szeged.hu>
Date: Sat 08 Mar 2008 - 12:23:25 GMT

Hi,

"Oliver Welter" <mail@oliwel.de> írta 2008-03-08 13:11-kor:
> Hi Pasztor,
;-) In hungary, we write our family name first...

> >> I have one IP assigned to the host box and a second one, which should
> >> point to the services. For maintenance reasons we want to have each
> >> service in a single vserver but do not wnat to assign a single IP to
> >> each of them.
> > In that case, use iptables nat rules.
>
> iptables is not an option as some of the services
> * use dynamic port ranges
> * are not capable of doing nat
Would you explain it?
The iptables do the nat, not the application.
At the --dport param, you can give port ranges.
Iptables have nat helpers, eg. for ftp.
So what service you want to run, which for the nat is not appropriate?
If you give more details, we can give better help/solution.

Cheers,
-- -------[ Free Software ISOs - http://www.fsn.hu/?f=download ]------- --
PÁSZTOR György e-mail: pasztor@fsn.hu
Free Software Network (FSN.HU) phone @work: +36 62 54 6666