[vserver] Mount fs into a already running vserver

From: Wilhelm Meier <wilhelm.meier_at_fh-kl.de>
Date: Wed 27 Feb 2008 - 05:50:34 GMT

Hi,

sorry, if this question was answered already ...

How can I make mounts visible in a running vserver, if the mounts on
the host are made after the guests are started?

E.g.:
1) vserver vs1 start
2) mount /dev/usb0 /mnt/test
3) vnamespace -e vs1 mount --bind /dev/usb /test_in_vs

but 3) doen't work as expected.

I know the namespaces of host and guest are sperated, but I read that
with linux-namespaces I can mark a mount-object as shared by all
namespaces. Is this possible with vserver.

Or are there any other possible solution to this problem?

Many thanks,

--
Wilhelm