Re: [vserver] HA vserver in an active/active configuration

From: Adam Majer <adamm_at_zombino.com>
Date: Tue 05 Feb 2008 - 23:39:42 GMT

Christian Balzer wrote:
> Anyways, I searched the archives and other than this question/quest
> from 2006 (without an answer) I came up blank:
> --- Alexander Kabanov wrote:
> the only reason why I would like to have some kind of local/internal
> interface inside a guest - let people bind services to something that
> is not accessible from outside and from other guests on the host
> server.

I don't think there is a need for lo interface at all. In my case, I've
added a local class C network to the dummy interface (ie. packets go
though lo). Then there is a public interface with few public IP
addresses. I manage the access to entire thing and one vserver to
another via iptables. I only use private IP addresses because it makes
sense economically - IPv6 will make that choice obsolete.

lo interface only makes sense if you do not want to use a firewall. A
vserver running server without a firewall to control internal traffic is
a bad thing, IMHO.

- Adam

--
Mail Etiquette