Re: [vserver] Trying to understand vserver memory

From: Belinda Lawson <briffee_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu 24 Jan 2008 - 22:11:42 GMT

Hi, Dallas. Thanks for your reply. I am currently trying to set my soft
limit to 256 (65536 pages?) and my hard limit to 512 (131072 pages?) and I
am finding that the documentation says that I should be able to do that
using files like this:

soft limit in a file called rss
hard limit in a file called rss.hard

However, in this case, only my hard limit is being honored when I restart my
vserver. Does that make any sense? Perhaps I missed something. I can
successfully go back and set it with the vlimit command after the vserver
starts, but the files aren't doing what I would expect on startup.

Thanks again,
-Belinda