[vserver] Mounting NFS(v4) with vserver guest's own IP address

From: Mark Hunting <mark_at_netexpo.nl>
Date: Mon 21 Jan 2008 - 15:18:50 GMT

Hello list,

I am using several vserver guests on a single machine. These vserver
guests must be able to access different NFSv4 exports on my NFS server.
Normally I write in /etc/exports on my NFS server which clients (IP
addresses) have access to which NFS exports. But now the problem: the
vserver guests all use the host's primary IP address, not their 'own'
secondary one. All mounts are coming from the same IP address, so I
can't filter on IP address in my exports file.

Is there a way to create the NFS mounts using a vserver guest's IP
address? I found the clientaddr option on the mount man page, but that
doesn't do what I'm looking for unfortunately.

I am using Debian Etch, kernel 2.6.18-5-amd64.

Many thanks,
Mark