Re: [vserver] xorg inside of vguest slower than on host

From: Stephan Mueller <d454d_at_web.de>
Date: Sat 08 Dec 2007 - 17:14:48 GMT

* Stephan Mueller <d454d@web.de> [07.12.2007]:

> okay, i see that xorg seems to have access to /proc/mtrr and some
> /proc/pci/...
>
> Unhiding these two entries did the trick for me. Great!

oops. Not so great. I fooled myself and seem to have started xorg on the
host and not inside the vguest. :(

Inside the vguest xorg is still slow.

I set the SYS_ADMIN, SYS_TTY_CONFIG and SYS_RAWIO capabilities. Did not
change anything either.

But hey, there is a entry "devices" in /proc/bus/pci. Unhiding that one.
Start vguest. ENTER vguest. :) xorg seems to be as fast as on the host
now. Heureka!

Doublechecked that. SYS_RAWIO, SYS_ADMIN and the pci stuff in /proc
seems to be all that is needed.

Cheers,

Steph.