Re: [vserver] Ubuntu Vserver Kernel

From: Michael Jeanson <mjeanson_at_revolutionlinux.com>
Date: Thu 29 Nov 2007 - 20:58:10 GMT

Hi all,

Christoph Lukas a écrit :
> Hi Michael,
>
>> I'd be very interrested in getting theses scripts since my way of doing things
>> for these packages was not very clean. I was planning to do the cleanup tonight
>> but why do it again if you already did.
>>
>> So if I can get your sources I could review them and setup a nice repository.
>>
>> Would you be ok wth that?
>
> Fine with me. :)
>
> I will send you my scripts in a private mail.

Using Christoph's scripts and György's patch I've built packages of the current
Ubuntu Gutsy kernel with vserver 2.2.0.4 for i386 and amd64. For now, the
packages are not signed and they use the same version numbers as the original
ubuntu ones. This will be corrected when I have time to think about it.

So if you whant to try them, add the following line to your sources.list :

   deb http://multivax.ca/ubuntu-vserver gutsy kernel util

and then :

   # apt-get update
   # apt-get install linux-vserver util-vserver

That should do it, here is the complete list of available packages :

linux-backports-modules-vserver
linux-headers-vserver
linux-image-vserver
linux-restricted-modules-vserver
linux-vserver
linux-restricted-modules-2.6.22-14-vserver
linux-headers-2.6.22-14-vserver
linux-image-2.6.22-14-vserver
linux-ubuntu-modules-2.6.22-14-vserver
util-vserver

Remember that these packages are NOT well tested so I wouldn't use them in
production but I will gladly accept bug reports.

Cheers,

Michael

--
Michael Jeanson - Revolution Linux