Re: [vserver] Ubuntu Vserver Kernel

From: Christoph Lukas <christoph.lukas_at_gmx.net>
Date: Sun 25 Nov 2007 - 16:23:08 GMT

Hi,

> but I will look at the changes (as soon as time permits)
> and provide some feedback ... but definitely somebody
> should become an official ubuntu maintainer then ...
> (at least official from our side :)

I could help with preparing modified patches for review, setting up a
build environment and updating documentation.

Probably Pasztor and I should join our efforts.

I have already taken some time to try out Pasztor's kernel image. The
vserver stuff seems to work fine.

But I found some things we could probably optimize:

The image is missing a few essential drivers (Intel HDA Sound, IPW3945
wireless, etc) as these are part of the corresponding
linux-{ubuntu,restricted}-modules packages.

All this could be fixed if we would provide a kernel image flavour
'vserver' and a corresponding linux-{ubuntu,restricted}-modules package.

I have already started working on this. Will keep you updated.

Cheers,
Christoph