[vserver] assigning the hidden 127.0.0.1 loopback-address

From: Ryan Agler <ryanagler_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed 21 Nov 2007 - 22:10:49 GMT

I am using the 2.3 version, which it nice in that it lets applications that
expect 127.0.0.1 to function. My understanding is that vserver is coming up
with an arbitrary separate 127.x.x.x address and making it look like
127.0.0.1 for each guest.

When turning on iptables logging, it can be seen what the "real" 127.x.x.x
address vserver has associated with 127.0.0.1 in a particular guest.

For purposes of establishing firewalling rules between guests, I am
wondering if it is possible to assign beforehand the specific 127.x.x.x
address that vserver will mask as 127.0.0.1 in a particular guest, and how
to go about that?